|
Ever I Will Sing
The eternal God is your refuge, and underneath are everlasting arms.
- Deuteronomy 33:27 | |
|
yepp,me
Mmmm. uhuh,you
&now,them
1M class blog! ('07) but,before?
thank-you
Layout: vehemency |
Sunday, March 16, 2008
OOKAY. So, to continue my story, Tuesday was also a blast. In fact, a very big blast. It was so fun; I wish I could go back to Tuesday!Anyway, to get on with it, we had the usual first- worship, training, tea, and training. Oh yes. There was this point of time, during training. We were being tested on our leadership skills, and we were given some time to play any games we wanted. From there "Boss", our trainer, could see what level our leadership skills were. At some point of time, when we were seated in a circle, some bright spark got the idea of everyone tying their shoelaces together. (Eunice wants me to add that it was her bright idea.) Everyone did, and we ended up stuck to each other in one straight line, as I thought that it would be best if I did not tie my shoelaces with people on both my sides, rather only one of them, so that we would not be stuck together in a circle. We then had to walk, or rather amble back to class in that manner, and it took us FOREVER! Anyway. And then! The big highlight of the day—the externals came in and joined in. There were 4 externals in our group, Wei Sheng, Cheryl/Wei Qin, Desmond and Swee Yan. They were all pretty quiet at first, all but Desmond. Desmond, you were very enthusiastic and noisy. :) Okay fine, just very enthusiastic. Before lunch, we were given some time to ourselves. My awesome group, Totally Spies, merged with 2 other groups and played double whacko. My partner was an external from some other group, and after explaining everything, I asked him, “You got it? Everything set?” “Yes, yes, ready to go.” “Do you know my name?” “Uh... Heh. No.” “Then how were you going to play?” “Heh. Dunno.” Yea. I had a very bright partner. When my name was called, there was silence, and I turned around to see if he was actually going to say something to save me from being whacked, only to find he was stoning. I nudged his leg, and he turned to me and asked me, “What?” I looked at him, and then looked at the whacker who had just identified my location and was coming for me. Looking back at him, I cried with a great sense of urgency, “SAY SOMETHING!” However, it was too late. I was hit and I became the whacker. Yess. A very interesting story. Okay, so after the game, we had lunch and then the fun fun fun games! The first game involved “Jacob’s Ladder”, only it was with a twist. Before embarking on your run through the ladder, you had to dip your hair in water, and after you run, you have to squeeze out all the water into a cup at the end of the ladder. So being the first person of the ladder, I got thoroughly splashed, as a number of people dunked their head into the pail, and swished their hair wildly as they withdrew their heads from the pail. Yes, you know who you are, you terrible people! (Sarah, Gail, and Desmond, I am glaring at you.) After your group had finished filling the cup up, you had to eat watermelon as a group. That meant eat 2 pieces of watermelon on the floor without using your hands. In my group, the girls and guys split up; the girls eating one piece and the guys the other. I always thought guys were more open, but in this case, they were very uneasy about biting from the same watermelon. The girls on the other hand, were not sissy-like at all. We all gobbled it down in the name of fun, and finished much earlier than the boys. The game ICs saw that we were slower than the other group, and suggested we break up the boys’ piece and eat it for them. The breaking part was easy; it was the eating it for them that doubt came in the picture. I proposed pretending that nothing happened, and it was just a watermelon. Sarah was like, “You think so easy, okay you do lah!” Taking up the challenge, I started towards the watermelon, but some people are very impatient, and pushed me into it. Hence, I had watermelon up my nose, and kept smelling watermelon everywhere the rest of the day. (Salad, I still have yet to get my revenge for that!) The second game went like this: Everyone stands in a straight line. The first person gets shaving cream. She/he then has to pass it, using her elbow. Everyone continues passing it, using their elbows as well. The last person has to wipe the shaving cream from her elbow into a cup. This is repeated for a specific amount of time, before the body part is changed, and we now have to use our knees. The group with more shaving cream in the cup at the end of the game wins. It was a fun game. Especially the end. Right, Desmond? :) Okay, you see, at the end, I had quite some remnant shaving on my elbow and knee. So, the people on my left and right were decorated. I started drawing a smiley face on Cheryl’s back, but she caught me half way and wouldn’t let me finish. So I gathered all the shaving cream I had left and put it on my hand, then went to Desmond, patting him on the back and telling him he did a good job. He didn’t realise this, and thought I was for real, and it was greatly amusing to see him oblivious, replying, “Oh yea, thanks. Yea, I’ll try to do better next time—” and then he realised Wei Sheng was behind him laughing, and it dawned on him what had happened. It was sooo funny. Then he tried to get me back, but he didn’t have much shaving cream. The 3rd game was volley ball, except instead of a ball, you use tissue paper! And you have to blow it across the net. Our group lost, by about 15 points. Haha. The 4th game was testing on your level of communication, where one girl and one boy has to go up. The girl is shown a picture of a superhero doing a certain action, and she has to tell the boy what to do without acting it out, or showing him the picture. I was volunteered to go first, and made Desmond go up with me, since no one else wanted to. The game went pretty smoothly, and Desmond looked very stupid. Haha, he was unlucky to get the picture of some Powerpuff girl to act out. The last game was multi-sports, and by then everyone was comfortable being in the group, so everyone was having loads of fun. Okay, this is the game where they call a number, and that would be the number of people from each group that has to go play. They will put a ball there, and type of ball would determine the game you are going to play. (A basketball would mean basketball; a netball would mean netball, etc.) The twist is, you have to have your hands bound behind your back while playing these games. It was pretty fun; I remember one incident very clearly: I was one of the 4 from my group who went to play soccer, the other 3 being Swee Yan, Wei Sheng, and Desmond. As you notice, I was the only girl, and thinking, “Aiya, guys are guys, let them go play, or I might get in their way”, I stood by the goalpost and waited for the ball to come to me. I didn’t think that the other group would be able to attempt to shoot without my other teammates being there to defend, but it happened. So, as much as this sounds both egoistic and heroic (haha) at the same time, it was up to me to save the goal. It all happened very fast, and there was little time to react, but in the end I used the leg I was leaning on to kick the ball away, and I ended up flying! I have probably never done anything more stupid in my life. On top of that, my hands were bound behind, so there was nothing there to break my fall, so I landed very hard on my, ahem, ass. Yea. So prefects’ camp was fun. Actually, so was the rest of the week, but that’s another story. You’ve had quite enough to read for now, and I’ve typed more than enough. To end off, I’ll tell you that my group had really bonded, and in fact we’re meeting up again, even the externals. I’m thankful I went for prefects’ camp. And did I mention I love Tuesday? / 1:34 PM · |